Saturday, July 6, 2013

7/6/13: Watson Lake, YT to Kluane Lake, YT

Hi all!!

So, we left Watson Lake, YT this morning around 7:40am after another nice quiet night of sleep and rest!!  We were smooth sailing down the Alaska Highway when we noticed a car pulled over on the side of the road (a sign that a critter is there) when BAM, we saw it:  a WOLF!!!!!!!!

"Wow!!!!" that is all I can say about the encounter we had!! But, since the Wolf is KK's FAVORITE animal ever, I thought I would let her describe it in her own words:

"Today was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! I got to see the most amazing animal ever in the wild! Most of you knew that my goal of this trip, was to see a wolf in the wild and that wish finally came true! My favorite part was to see the wolves eyes and to be only about 10 feet away from this incredible animal! I can already predict that today will probably be the highlight of this trip for me."



After our wolf encounter, we didn't see any other animals and honestly I don't think any of us cared because the wolf was that INCREDIBLE!!!  

This afternoon we made it to Kluane Lake, YT (our favorite place) and enjoyed the late afternoon playing on the beach behind our camp and playing mini golf too ;). We had another great day and we are beside ourselves to think tomorrow we will be in ALASKA already!!!

Here are some photos of our day:

Mr. Wolf:



Our first view of the Yukon River today:

Playing at Kluane Lake camp:






















3 comments:

  1. O.K. This is totally awsome !! That Wolf is a Big Guy !!! How Lucky You were to see him !!! OMG !!!!! WOW !!! SPECIAL !!! OR WHAT !!! Be Safe GOD BLESS
    WOW !!!

    Love To All Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great blog and great photos! I especially like Kailey's description of the wolf encounter in her own words. I hope to read more from both Kaily and Braden!

    Thanks for sharing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ncongsaolga-1996 Anthony Baum Here
    sturatnachild

    ReplyDelete