Sunday, July 21, 2013

7/20/13: Soldotna

Morning from beautiful Alaska!!

Good news is that the Sockeye limits were raised to 6 fish per person!  Yay, we have been waiting to hear that news!! Rick went out early this morning to get his limit and had hopes of beating the crowds, no such luck on beating the crowds, but he had lots of luck on getting his limit!!!

Ricky's catch:

After getting back to camp we cleaned and vaccu-sealed them up and into the freezer they went!!

After a nap for Rick and many rounds of Gin-Rummy for Kailey and I, we decided to walk up to the visitors center and look around.  It's about a mile away (maybe a little more), so we were there in no time!  It is always fun to look around at all the stuff the Soldotna visitors center has- really cool!  It was also nice to have some free wi-fi to update this blog :)

After that it was back to camp, make dinner, enjoy the campfire and call it a night!!

The following pictures are not great, I will be honest, I am at camp with no wi-fi right now... So I took a picture, of my pictures on the iPad with my phone!  End result is not great duplicates, but at least I'm keeping up with the blog :)
I will fix it later..

Playing at the welcome bench:




Kailey saving Brady from the big fish:

Bald Eagle:

Wolverine:










No comments:

Post a Comment