Thursday, August 8, 2013

7/28/13: Homer

Today we again woke to sunshine!!  The downfall to being right on the ocean, we are having fog that rolls in daily as well.  Sometimes it is in the morning, sometimes the evening and then sometimes both -- but again, we are in Homer -- so let it snow if it wants to, we will be smiling!  

So, today we headed up to the Islands & Ocean Visitor Center.  This is a really cool center that is full of everything ocean and islands!  Ha!!  No seriously, it was great!  We did the tourist thing and watched a video about Kachemak Bay and saw many exhibits about the marine wildlife in the area.  They have some rangers on hand that you can go on a tide pool walk.  The tide was out, so that was not an option, but the exhibits were great!  After that, we re-supplied at Safeway and then headed back to camp and made a fire.  The fog was rolling in and we wanted to stay warm for the rest of the afternoon.

After dinner, we walked down to the marina and drooled, I mean looked, at boats.  It was a beautiful evening and we wanted to get an evening Bo walk in and find the charter boat for the guys.  I spotted a boat that made me be reminded that my wonderful Grandma is with me everywhere I go (picture below) -- it made me and KK smile.  After walking the marina awhile it was time to head for home and pack up a bunch of goodies for the boys, as they will be gone all day tomorrow fishing for Halibut.

Another great day here in Homer!!

A welcome sign at the spit:

I miss you G'ma:

Reading time:

Bo is tired:







 

No comments:

Post a Comment